tagged by .
A WARNING: sometimes when I have to answer a simple question I get a bit carried away.
1. You must post the rules.
2. Each person must post 5 things about themselves in their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have tagged them.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tagging section about "You're tagged if you're reading this". You legitimately have to tag people
8. FIGHT CLUB REFERENCES (b-but I've never seen fight club... it's on the list of movies I need to watch, does that count...)
Facts about myself:
1. I always use this when people go around in a circle introducing themselves and they have to say a weird fact about themselves: I have nine wigs. A short blonde one for America and Denmark, a short blonde one for Tamaki that used to be my Alfred wig before I got a new one, a curly blonde one for France, a blonde one I used when I was like five for an Angelica Pickles Halloween costume, a blue one for Syrus or Sho or whatever his name is I don't actually watch Yu-Gi-Oh, a purple one I got as a Secret Santa present that would be good for Rarity if I ever wanted to cosplay her, a short brown one for Austria, a short black one for Eriol, and a long black one for Morticia Addams. I guess that fact isn't as odd when you have cosplayers reading this or people who understand cosplay, but it was suitably long and rambling and I can't think of anything else okay.
2. I have this thing for like... mens' period clothing. Basically from two eras: 1700's or whatever with like the long coats and neck ruffs, and like Victorian era top hat and tails shenanigans. I'm not really sure what this fascination is because I don't even like men. I think it stems from my narcissistic obsession with the time when I played Willy Wonka in Willy Wonka. I think all my obsessions stem secretly from that one narcissistic obsession.
3. I really really really like history. And it's not because of Hetalia. People who know me will know that I make random references to things I love all the time, and now I've started doing that with stuff from Modern Euro instead of my fandoms (or, more accurately, in addition to my fandoms. the fandoms didn't just stop being a thing or anything). I really like learning about Austria, and not just because he's my favorite Hetalia character. But my favorite historical thing is the Julio-Claudian Emperors. I based the four main characters in the book I'm trying to write on the Julio-Claudian Emperors. Also, Alcibiades. He was boss.
4. A lot of times I'm much too nice. I can't say no to people ever, and I always end up with friends everyone else hates because they just cannot stand them. I think I have a higher tolerance for annoying people than most people, but I also just can't get mad at 90% of the population. It has been sad that only two things make me angry: stress and fatphobia. These are also the only two topics about which I will swear profusely. I do not like being stressed, and I'm something of an activist about the latter.
5. One of my favorite activities ever is going through old folders pretending to sort things when really I'm just looking at art and stuff I wrote when I was like eight. I really like finding things I made when I was younger. I also actually really do like sorting things. I'm in the process of cleaning my office right now. No one can move in there because there are papers literally all over the floor, but those papers are in damn organized piles.
Pirka's 11 questions:
1. Worst movie you've ever watched?
I generally cite Epic Movie as my least favorite movie. I dunno. It was just really crude and didn't seem funny to me.
2. Tastiest thing you've ever eaten?
I honestly do not remember. I have eaten much food in my lifetime and I don't think I can pinpoint one thing. xD A certain kind of cake I had once comes to mind, but that's not an interesting answer now is it. I actually had a really amazing soup once. Um. I dunno.
3. Any characters you like that no one else seems to like?
YES. I was just talking to my friend how everyone hates all the characters I love in Homestuck. Vriska is my favorite, but everyone's just like EW SHE'S SUCH A BITCH. I think I have a very different take on characters than most people. I love characters because they're an interesting character, not because I think I would like them in real life. So yes, IRL Vriska would be very difficult to deal with, but as a character I adore her. Also I don't think killing your friends makes you a bitch. A cold-hearted, hot-tempered psycho maybe, but bitchy is just being mean to people. That's not her really.
On the Homestuck note, I also love Doc Scratch.
And then most characters I like most people don't hate, just no one remembers/cares about them. Like Huy. Remember Huy? (I'm assuming *Pirka is one of the only people reading this so this is directed mostly at you xD) Yeah no one knows who the hell he is but he was the best.
4. Did you have any imaginary games you played as a kid (or still do)?
fiwefiu I love imaginary games. Those were my favorite kind of games. Listing all my elaborate games from childhood would take six billion years. Some highlights probably include:
- Happy and Ellie, which was this game my dad and I had with little figurines. Happy was the dwarf from Snow White and Ellie was a Smurf. Basically the Smurfs and Dwarves worked together in the mines but hated each other because of some random longstanding family feud. But Happy and Ellie secretly had this romance going on, like Romeo and Juliet thing with really short people. And instead of mining, in the back of the mines they were secretly making chocolate. I'm not really sure why. The highlight was that Happy's dentist kept coming to see if he would come for an appointment, which meant my dad would make the little figurine come over, after which Happy would promptly dismiss her by way of me throwing her literally across the room.
- The Disco Triplets, with two of my friends. Basically we were these babies named Maggie, Soapie, and Sea-sea (that was me), and we would have sleepovers and when our parents tucked us in to bed we would sneak away and secretly be disco stars. As babies. Maggie had a pet bird named Robert who was in a band called Rockin' Robert which is
- Harry Potter. My friend was Hermione and I was Hermione's younger sister Horea. We brought our other interests in so we would do this storyline where Hermione and Horea were adults and had kids. Horea was like this insanely strange mad scientist who created experiments like Jumbaa and then Hermione had to save the world because Horea was this maniacal little psycho. I loved that character.
- Sometimes my dad and I play a game now if we're taking a walk where we both act in-character as some character and, only asking questions in-character without directly asking the person's name, have to figure out who the other person is.
5. Nature or Technology?
Oh dear. If I say technology I'll feel like a bitch and if I say nature I'll feel like I'm lying. Both?
6. Have you ever made up a self-insert? Be honest.
I wrote a self-insert Prince of Egypt fanfiction when I was eleven, but I was very up-front about it. Like this is me, my name is Chelsea, and this is what would happen if I was in this movie. I don't think I've ever inserted myself into a story just disguised as another character though. Frankly, I'd much rather write for a character much more interesting than myself. I've put autobiographical elements in, though. My OC Pennsylvania sometimes has his me moments, I gave New York my love of specific musicals, and Niero Millon's storyline in the book I'm trying to write is becoming dangerously more and more a combination of slight autobiography and fanservice for myself. xD But they're all actual characters with personalities that aren't me, so they're not self-inserts as well.
7. Have you ever been to a convention of any sort?
Yes! I've been to three. ouo Two anime conventions -- Zenkaikon and AnimeNEXT -- and the New York Comic Con. I'm going to Zenkai again this year~
8. Do you get popcorn at the movies?
I would love to. But I live with my parents and they are the most healthy people you will ever meet in your lives so we don't do that in my household. |: But if I go to the movies with my friends I would.
9. Kyubey comes to make a contract with you. What wish do you make?
I have no idea who that is. But I get a wish?
I want the ability to make fictional characters real. Not gonna lie.
10. Are you part of a fandom that it seems no one else has heard of?
I used to be more than I am now. My fandoms now are pretty mainstream (ANTI-HIPSTER WHAT). I guess Good Omens doesn't have nearly as big a fandom as Sherlock or Homestuck or Hetalia, and not many people have heard of it, but it does have a pretty sizable Tumblr fandom at least. But yeah, when I loved, like, The Prince of Egypt. Nobody considers that movie a fandom. Or that obsession I had with Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson, nobody likes that show, it was a shitty show. Or I keep thinking of this Zoombinis picture I drew a million years ago. Nobody knows Zoombinis.
11. Ever lied in bed and made up stories about your favourite characters?
Yes. It's literally the only way I can fall asleep. I have one ongoing story that I've had for about... five or six years now? And I have characters with really elaborate backstories and relationships and everything. Basically there's a couple, Julia and Shamus, and they've adopted this daughter who when I first started the story was Lilo but she's become a completely different original character now with a different personality so I call her Lilly. Lilly's eighteen now and is dating this guy named Lionel, and he has two siblings, Caroline and Ben. Those are the main characters along with Caroline's boyfriend Marcus and Ben's boyfriend Jackson (he's a fairly new character. Ben can't really hold a relationship. and yes, he is gay.). I've meant to write something with these guys forever but by now the story is just so long and convoluted that I wouldn't even know where to start. Which is why I'm not going to explain the plot here to you but it involves a secret organization founded by Lionel and perpetuated by orphan children. And lots of other shenanigans.
oh man I don't really want to tag anyone or make up questions do I have to.